Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
St. Gildas’ School Mission Statement
Our aim in St. Gildas’ School is to provide an excellent education founded on Christian principles, recognising the needs of each individual and valuing the contributions of our whole community. Our commitment is, therefore, to:
- Promote the development and practice of Catholic Christian values throughout the general life of the school;
- Provide an excellent education in which all children will have the opportunity to reach their full potential; spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and physically;
- Provide a sensitive and caring approach within a secure healthy environment in which all children will, through an enriched curriculum, be inspired to develop a wide range of talents and skills
- Develop in our children, in partnership with parents and the school community, a commitment to truth, justice and equality and an appreciation of other cultures and faith traditions
- Foster positive relationships, self esteem, acknowledgement of the gifts and needs of each individual, and the unique contribution each person can make to the community.